I write. SO MUCH. And very little of it is on this webpage.
So I thought it would be fun to show what I’ve written: here’s a break down!
I have a TON of novels. (This does NOT include any of my short stories!) Year is the year started. Colors in this list are just included to make it easier to read.
- 1999 – Kaler Born – the first novel I ever wrote, and cleaning all of this up, I found some lost sections of it. It was stored on a floppy, and floppies and magnets don’t mix. 75,000 words. Magical Girl Fantasy (YA) Unfinished
- 2000 – found tons of the plotting and conversations for it, but not much of the actual writing. 25,000 words. Fantasy (YA) Unfinished
- 2005 – Familiar – originally a short story, then a novel start – made it up to 40,000 words before I made the mistake of asking for feedback. Any sort of feedback kills all motivation in the writing stage. Urban Fantasy (YA) Unfinished.
- 2010 – Lost and Found – my first ever NaNoWriMo win, sitting at 60,000 words. This is in a new world a created with the DeNicola curse. Urban Fantasy (Adult) Unfinished.
- 2011 – Damp – also a Nanowrimo, 65,000 words. Same world as Lost and Found. Urban Fantasy (YA) Finished.
- 2012 – Fear – end of the world, post apocalyptic YA gardening book – it was a bit of a strange one! Nanowrimo. Post Apoc (YA) 60,000 words. Finished.
- 2014 – Haughty – this one is also in the DeNicola curse world, slanting more Fantasy (YA) than Urban Fantasy. This was the first novel I revised! It’s awful. But I learned a LOT revising it. 75,000 words. Finished AND Revised.
- 2015 – Owly (Working name: Hooty McFlappyflaps) – Owl shifter, witches, definitely Urban Fantasy but unclear of if Adult or YA. Nanowrimo, 50,000 words. Made the mistake again of asking for feedback while drafting. *facepalm* Starting to get to the decent writing here. IN PROGRESS, Unfinished – it’s my next planned project.
- 2017 – Ocooch: Still Waters – Girl is water fae but doesn’t know it and someone is drowning handsome young men… NOT a Nanowrimo Novel which I did deliberately to see if I could write without a deadline. It’s at 70,000 words, and I’m about 10,000 words short of the end. Urban Fantasy RH (YA) THIS IS MY CURRENT NOVEL AND WILL BE REVISED. I’ll be getting an editor for the first time as well! It’s hard to write in a void, because you never know what’s going well.
Outlined but not written:
- 2012 – Lonely Girls – loosely plotted, 5,000 written. Love story between a book geek and an alcoholic Japanese Pop Star. Contemporary YA.
- 2013 – Sneakthief – heavily plotted, none written, parallel world in mirrors and MC is a kleptomaniac. Fantasy (YA)
- 2015 – Phoenix – Plotted, none written. MC is a healer called often to save people but is hiding this from her new love interests. Urban Fantasy (YA)
- 2018 – Idol – plotted with Holly Lisle’s class on writing a novel but only 5,000 words written. Witches and magic and a cursed idol – Urban Fantasy (YA)
In addition, I’ve written a few ‘short’ stories and some flash fiction, about 10,000 words of it. All Urban Fantasy. My short stories run looooong. But my Flash Fiction has a definite word limit that helps.
I’ve written AT LEAST 475,000 words.
Nearly half a million words. Hopefully I’m getting better as I go! Some of the first ones are awful.
I plan to rewrite a few of them, especially the DeNicola curse series into modern Urban Fantasy instead of pseudo Post Apoc Urban Fantasy.
What do you think? Do any of these series sound interesting to you? Inquiring minds want to know!
4 thoughts on “Did I Mention I Write a Lot? Like, A Lot, A Lot”
I’m so envious of you fiction writers – you have so many amazing ideas! 🙂
I’ll admit, I spend a lot of time day dreaming. 😉
Would love to read any of them. You are a very talented writer and encourage you to keep at it.
Love you! I have to go through my first rounds of edits before anyone can read and give me feed back. <3
Comments are closed.