Continuing my meal preps for getting sick, I made Chicken and Rice Soup.
This is deceptive – it’s my own recipe, and has no actual chicken in it, only bouillon and chicken broth. It’s very mild and good for upset stomach especially.
Here it is simmering:
This is made for a 20+ cup pot. You’ll need:
- Chicken Broth
- Chicken Bouillon
- Carrots (chopped)
- Celery (chopped)
- Garlic (minced)
- Onion (chopped)
- 8 cups cooked rice
- I put as much broth as I have into the pot and start it simmering. What I can’t fill, I make up with bouillon and water until the pot is 1/3 full.
- I add all of the chopped and minced veggies. If I have green onion, I chop and add that too, but I didn’t this time. This should fill the second 1/3 of the pot.
- I bring it to a boil and then at Thyme.
- I simmer it until everything is soft.
- I add the rice and simmer until warmed and mixed in well. The pot should be completely full by now. The rice will swell a little too, keep in mind.
- That’s it! When I serve, I add a little salt.
I portioned it out into containers:
Put it in the freezer (I had to move some of the previous meal prep to the standing freezer):
And, of course, saved some for eating right away!
Have you been doing meal preps? What type of things do you like to prep and freeze? Inquiring minds want to know!